It's no secret that men and women have different skin care needs. While women are typically more concerned with anti-aging and keeping their skin hydrated, men need to focus on other issues like razor burn, oily skin, and acne.
In this blog post, we will discuss the top 5 reasons why men need their own skincare routine. Keep reading to learn more!
1. Men have different skin than women. Larger pores and thicker skin.
2. Men's skin is thicker and oilier due to testosterone (hormone) levels.
3. Men shave their face daily, so they are more prone to ingrown hairs and other shaving nuances. The one major benefit is the consistent exfoliation which promotes cellular turnover.
4. Men are exposed to more sun and pollution. Majority of outdoor labor is performed by men.
5. Men's skin ages differently than women's skin. DNA + hormones affect everyone's skin differently especially between men and women.
There are several reasons why men need their own skincare products. They need products that are formulated to specifically address the unique needs of men's skin.
If you're a man, don't neglect your skin! Be sure to use products that are designed specifically for your skin type. Your skin will thank you for it!